Of the things we think, say and do...
Rotary Club of East Lake Sunrise
The Rotary Club of East Lake Sunrise meets weekly. Membership is by invitation and is on the basis of one representative for each business, profession, and institution. This classification system ensures a cross-section of community representation.
The Rotary Club of East Lake Sunrise meets weekly on Thursdays, at 7:30 A.M. for one hour at the East Lake Woodlands Country Club. You are welcome to bring a guest to Rotary. If the guest would be a potential new member, the Club will pay for the meal of the guest. If it is a business guest or personal friend, meal charges are currently $15.00.
The Club wants you to attend the weekly meetings. Attendance is kept at each meeting and reported to the District each month. Rotary's attendance requirement of a minimum of 60% per half year is intended to help keep us focused on Rotary ideals and to foster a strong and active club. If absent from Club meetings, a member has two week prior to the date of the missed meeting and two weeks after the missed meeting to make up the absence.
You are encouraged to attend meetings at other clubs. There are Rotary Clubs worldwide, and you are welcome to attend any meeting. This is an exciting -- and easy -- way to meet new people and experience Rotary at other clubs. Ask for a make-up card and give it to our Club secretary for credit. You should make up 14 days before or 14 days after the absence at a regular club meeting.
Meals and Dues
The Club will bill you for dues annually and meal expenses quarterly, in advance.
Fee schedule: Dues - $200.00 per year. Meals are billed at $130 in advance for the quarter whether or not the member attends the meeting. The cost for member meals is $10.00 per meal on a quarterly basis. For visitors and personal guests of members, cost is $15.00 per meeting.
Dues include dues for the Club, the District, and to Rotary International which includes an annual subscription to the "Rotarian" magazine.
Directory, Newsletter, and Web Site
For the directory, you will need to complete a short personal profile. You will also receive a current club roster of members. Our club also has a newsletter and web site. The web site address is www.EastLakeRotary.org.
What is Rotary?
Rotary is an organization of business and professional people united worldwide, who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help to build good will in the world. The Rotary motto is: SERVICE ABOVE SELF.
Origin of Rotary
The first Rotary Club was organized in 1905 in Chicago, Illinois, by Paul Harris, a young lawyer. The name of the new organization was derived from the fact that the original members met in rotation at their various places of business. In 1910, Rotary became international with the formation of a club in Winnepeg, Canada.
The Object of Rotary
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
· Development and friendship as an opportunity for service.
· High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignity of each Rotarian's occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
· The application of the ideal of service by every Rotarian in personal, business, and community life.
· The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and fellowship of business and professional people united in the ideal of service.
Four Avenues of Service
Rotary has four avenues or reasons that it uses for service.
· Club Service includes all the programs at each meeting and other activities organized by the local club.
· Community Service focuses on involving the membership in community based projects.
· Vocational Service is responsible for educating our members and others about businesses and vocations in our community.
· International Service is mainly involved with exchange student programs, the group study exchange (for adults), and the many special programs of the Rotary International Foundation.
Rotary Club of East Lake Sunrise
PO Box 658
Oldsmar, FL 34677